DHS (Department of Human Services) – Child Development & Care
Contact number: 1-855-275-6424
- Services they provide:
- Food Assistance
- Cash Assistance
- Child Care
- Medical Assistance
- Emergency Relief
- Other Assistance
- Apply Online
Child support services are available to:
- Parents of minor children, when one parent does not live with the child.
- Parents who pay court-ordered child support.
- Persons who have physical custody of a minor child.
- Persons who receive public assistance for a minor child living in their home.
2895 W Grand River Ave, Howell, MI 48843
Helpline: (866) 522-2725
Services they provide:
- Support groups
- Crisis Shelter
Pregnancy Help Clinic
7743 Grand River Ave #101, Brighton, MI 48114
- Abortion after care
- Pregnancy testing
- Ultrasound exams
- Confidential pregnancy counseling
- STD risk
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children)
7315 W Beard Rd, Shaftsburg, MI 48882
Contact: (517) 675-4920
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
Love in the Name of Christ (Love Inc)
Address: 820 E Grand River Ave, Howell, MI 48843
Phone Number: 517.586.4007
Please call Monday-Thursday; 9:30-12:30pm and 1-3pm.
Love In the Name of Christ enables churches in a community to coordinate their resources and services so those in need are not turned away.
Big Brother/ Big Sister of Livingston County
915 N. Michigan Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Livingston County has been providing children with mentors since 1980. Our service is based on a One-To-One relationship between a volunteer and a child in need of a friend.
Volunteers serve as friends, mentors, and role models, helping children (who are primarily from single-parent homes) gain greater self-confidence. “Bigs” encourage “Littles” to realize their potential and see themselves as having happy and successful futures.
The Connection Youth Services
Contact information: Call 866.440.7233
Location: Howell, Mi
The Connection Youth Services provides assistance to youth and families featuring:
- 24 hour emergency assistance and referral service
- Safe housing for teens 12-17 years old needing shelter or a break from family problems
- Host home and apartment program for homeless young people 16-21 years old
- Help with education & employment
- Individual and family counseling
- Support groups for teens and parents
Family Impact Center
Address: 735 N Grand St, Fowlerville, MI 48836
Phone Number: 517.223.4428
Call for hours
- Client-Choice Food Pantry
- Educational Resources
- Support Groups
- Counseling Services
- Mentoring Programs